Welcome to Ivy Wellness Clinic Overweight and Obesity Medicine Program
Ivy Wellness Clinic Immigration Exams
Ivy Overweight and Obesity Medicine Program
Our mission is to provide a customized overweight and obesity treatment program, including weight loss (fat loss) and maintenance. Care will be provided in accordance to the standards set by Obesity Medicine Association.
Treating Our Overweight or Obesity Disease is at the forefront of our minds!
You are not alone if you have tried and failed multiple diets or exercise programs to treat your overweight and obesity.
You are not alone if one diet worked initially, only to have regained all the lost weight and more. Treating our Overweight or Obesity disease remains at the forefront of our minds.
Despite multiple popular myths, obesity is not due to a lack of willpower, and it is not only caused by moving too little or eating too much.
Obesity is a disease, and it is currently defined as a multifactorial, relapsing and chronic disease.
The good news is that obesity is also defined as a treatable disease.
At Ivy Obesity Medicine Program, we treat your overweight and obesity disease. We have spent extensive hours studying the nutrition, pathophysiological and psychological drivers of obesity and overweight. We further want to share the basic knowledge and give you the personalized tools to help you treat and manage this chronic disease for life. The program is customized for you because one size does not fit all when it comes to treating your overweight and obesity.
We are excited to share our knowledge, empower you, encourage you, and help you succeed on this life long journey of managing the overweight and obesity disease!
We will also tirelessly work on combating the prevalent societal stigma associated with overweight and obesity!
Ivy Wellness Clinic Obesity Medicine Program Overview
This is a yearlong program customized for you! You will get encouragement, knowledge and most importantly, accountability!
The program starts with a 60-to-90-minute initial in person visit, dedicated to a comprehensive medical history, physical exam, discussion of your treatment goals, comprehensive and customized lab work, and body composition. Your second 60-minute visit will occur two weeks later. Your second visit will be dedicated to reviewing your labs, food journal, discussing appropriate medications, and reviewing other factors influencing obesity or overweight.
It is recommended that after the second visit, follow-up appointments should occur at least monthly, if not biweekly for the next 6 months, and then monthly for the rest of the year. The follow up appointments may be either virtual or in person and will continue to coach you on nutrition, exercise and the psychological components contributing to obesity and overweight.
The program follows the current scientifically based, peer reviewed guidelines from Obesity Medicine Association.
The cost of the first visit is $330.00, including labs and body composition scan. The follow up visits are $150.00.
* We do not take or bill insurance however a superbill may be available upon request. *
Like many of you, I have struggled for decades with overweight and obesity. I too have tried multiple diets and exercise programs. I realized that ultimately knowledge is one of the necessary steps in treating this disease and I embarked on a lifelong journey dedicated to obesity medicine. Now I can help you on your journey of managing this disease.
I graduated from University of Washington School of Medicine in 2012 and Family Medicine Residency in Vancouver, Washington in 2015.
I received my Board Certification in the Specialty of Obesity Medicine in 2017. Since 2017, I have passionately and relentlessly continued to study the multiple facets of this disease and I am currently a member of the Obesity Medicine Association and a Certified Health Coach.
I look forward to care for you and I am accepting patients from both Washington and Oregon.
To Learn More or Schedule and Immigration Exam you can:
email: [email protected]
USCIS-APPROVED CIVIL SURGEON FOR YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMS
Nicolette Ileana Bembenek, MD, is a civil surgeon approved by the USCIS to perform Immigration Medical Exams for the completion of the I-693 form.
Upon the completion of the exam, you will receive a sealed envelope containing the original I-693 form to be provided to USCIS. An additional copy of the documents present in the envelope will be provided for your own records.
Please bring the following at your first immigration exam:
- Your picture ID. This can be your current state ID, driver license, or passport.
- Any immunization records if available (we will advise you if additional immunizations are required at the time of the visit).
- Any medical records, if available.
- A debit or credit card, or cash payment (we do not accept checks).
- You can review the I-693 form on the website. However we will have the form available for you at the office.
The Fee for the I-693 Exam is $393
Included in the price of $393 are:
- the visits for the physical exam and the completion of the required paperwork
- the USCIS required labwork/blood tests which will be completed at Quest.
- the sealed envelope of the completed I-693 forms for USCIS and the additional copy for your records.
What is not included:
- Additional lab work if needed. Most people will have normal results for the above initial lab work. There is always a small chance that some of these test reports may come back positive. If positive, more tests will be necessary, and this will be additional costs in time and money. The positive tests need to be reported to health department as required by state laws
- Vaccines, if needed, are not included in this price. Vaccines can be obtained from pharmacy or your PCP’s office. These can be an out-of-pocket expense, or depending on availability or type, may be covered by your health insurance.
- One may consider additional lab work to test for immunity to measles, mumps, rubella or varicella. However, if the lab work will show insufficient antibody level, then the immunization will still be needed and this will incur the additional costs. One may choose to get the vaccine as advised without checking for antibodies as this may speed up the completion of the I-693 form.
USCIS VACCINES REQUIREMENT FOR AGE 19 THRU 64
- Tetanus vaccine if no proof that it was received in the last 10 years.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine if born after 1957.
- Varicella (Chicken pox) vaccine if no history of disease/immunity.
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Flu vaccine during flu season as defined by USCIS
USCIS VACCINES REQUIREMENT FOR AGE 65 AND OVER:
- Tetanus vaccine if no proof it was received in last 10 years.
- Varicella (Chicken pox) vaccine if no history of disease/immunity.
- Pneumonia Vaccine (1-2 doses).
- Flu Vaccine during flu season as defined by USCIS)
Notice Of Privacy Policies